The 2nd Edition of IHTC 2017
The IHTC 2017 to take place on the 3rd – 4th March, 2017 in Bengaluru
IHTC – INTERNATIONAL HEALTHCARE TOURISM CONGRESS is a noted knowledge platform of international standard Healthcare and Tourism in India with an objective to bring together India’s top executives/ decision makers from the health, healthcare and tourism industry, innovative solution providers and stalwarts to discuss on acute technological issues and business challenges currently faced in the Healthcare Sector in the country. It will, therefore, provide maximum inputs of practical knowledge among Medical Tourism Agencies (MTAs), Tourism experts and Medical Marketing heads, addressing sessions on the latest and most recent developments. The IHTC is more than just a Healthcare Tourism conference. It is a dynamic forum packed with Thought Leadership sessions over a period of two days.
By creating a platform and by bringing in all the stakeholders of the Healthcare Tourism Sector under one roof, Ms. Anitha Niranjan, Managing Director – CIMGlobal wants to encourage the strength of the industry just as much. Keynote Address by Prof. Ravi Ramamurti (Distinguished Professor at North-eastern University and The Founding Director of The Center For Emerging Markets, USA). Also, a Parallel session on Outcome based Round table closed door discussion, Emerging Multiple business models and stakeholders in promoting medical tourism
International Healthcare Tourism Congress have successfully acquired attention and support from both State and Central Government as the topics of the congress are well sorted as per the industry needs. Few of the topic for this congress are as follows like Embracing Health Innovation – India’s strength on Health tourism, Telemedicine, Oncology, Organ Transplant, Dentistry, etc.
IHTC 2017 will be successful in planning and designing the congress around the MTA’s and the Industry prerequisites. We are well aware that Healthcare tourism in India is the next crown jewel that could shape the future of India’s economy and hence we are putting effort in gathering the much-required support. The government also estimates that the growth of health-related services will be more than 5 percent for the next 10 years and that should further attract more such visitors.
Major corporations such as Tata, Fortis, Max, Wockhardt, and Apollo Hospitals have made significant investments in setting up modern hospitals and tourism-related services to cater to the new brand of visitors from abroad.
Bengaluru, is a leading player in the Health tourism/healthcare industry. It is increasingly emerging as the destination of choice for a wide range of Health procedures.
• Highest number of JCI hospitals
• The only city in India which has national Institute in Unani medicine
• Good supply source of medical talent. This includes doctors, nurses, pharmacist, lab assistants.
• Cosmopolitan outlook of the city and that is strong on hospitality
• Key source locations are aware of the city and the infrastructure and it can be leveraged. Source location countries for Bengaluru include Middle East and Africa, particularly, Central Africa Kenya, Nigeria, and Ethiopia, but it also gets patients from Oman, Iraq, Bahrain, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives, and Myanmar.
• City has well development ecosystem of partners including allied service like language translators
• South India has had a good start in attractive medical tourists and Chennai is leading the visitors in the country.
The event will offer an opportunity to interact with leaders in Health tourism industry, both from local and global partnerships. This will be a platform for Pharma companies, hospitals, Health Tourism Agents, Insurance Companies, Health Technology Manufactures, Wellness and hospitality Industry and healthcare investors to meet & associate.
We look forward to see you!!